Ranch Management University
Mar 27, 2023 12:30 PM
Mar 31, 2023 12:00 PM (Add to calendar)
G. Rollie White Visitor Center, 7707 Raymond Stotzer Pkwy. College Station, TX 77843
The Ranch Management University is an intensive five-day event for new or inexperienced ranchers and landowners to learn about managing soils, forages, livestock and wildlife.
Learn more about:
- The fundamentals of soils and soil fertility, forage establishment, pasture management, and utilization by livestock
- Sampling soils and determining appropriate fertilizer application rates
- Basic livestock selection and management practices such as castrating, vaccinating, and de-horning calves
- Grazing management, stocking rate, and body condition scoring
- Developing a business and marketing plan and how to maintain appropriate records for your ranching operation
- Wildlife management topics such as managing white-tailed deer, turkey, quail, beekeeping, and feral hogs.
Approximately two-thirds of the workshop involves lectures and discussion, with the remainder consisting of field demonstrations of various how-to methods of soil sampling, planting, calibrating sprayers, and inoculating legume seed. Various forage species, including bermudagrass, small grains, annual ryegrass, and clovers, are studied by workshop attendees. An additional demonstration will cover hog trap management. Plenty of time is allowed for interaction with Texas A&M University faculty with expertise and experience in all management facets of the soil-plant-animal interface and wildlife management.
*Breakfast starts at 7:15 AM, March 28-31.
- Registration Fee - $625.00
- Extension Personnel - $325.00
- Military - $325.00
Counties, ISD's, and Businesses are the only entities that can request to be invoiced. Individuals must pay by ACH or Credit Card. If you wish to be invoiced for event registration, please fill out this AgriLife Events Invoice Request for assistance.
For general registration assistance, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations received no later than March 17, 2023, will be issued a refund minus a $175 administrative fee. If a cancellation or refund becomes necessary, please submit a Cancellation or Refund Request. Refunds typically take 7 – 10 business days to process.